Associate Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer II
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Within Platform the Enterprise Engineering team is responsible for managing the internal corporate technology powering Gemini’s offices and astronauts - employee hardware and software, as well as our physical locations around the world.
The Role: Associate Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer II
Gemini is where innovation, speed to delivery, and big ideas are celebrated. We are builders who are inventing the future of finance via crypto and Web3-driven innovation. We are in the process of establishing our Gemini development center in Gurgaon (Gurugram), India with plans to begin recruitment by the end of April 2023. We are hiring software engineers and technical product managers in this location along with other key roles, including human resources and talent acquisition, finance, support, and compliance.
As an Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer, you will join a global support organization responsible for providing technical support for all end-user technologies, to all our employees. We are looking for a front-end support professional to provide timely and valuable technical assistance on IT systems across a large and diverse pool of technology services. The project side of this position is also exciting as you will be able to contribute on a wide variety of hardware, network, and software systems, as well as optimization, and implementation initiatives, all of which will keep you on a constant learning loop.
The ideal candidate will thrive in the fast-paced setting of a growing start-up and enjoy the variety of work that this position offers. You need to be proactive and customer-focused. You will answer queries on technical issues and offer assistance to resolve them. You will troubleshoot, configure, and deploy a range of devices (for example, our Macbooks and Chromebooks) and conduct other daily support activities aimed to help and enhance our user community’s productivity. You are expected to perform timely and quality resolution to issues and record them in our ticketing system, while always providing an optimal customer services experience with every interaction.
In addition, this role will participate in various service-management enhancement activities to implement the policies and procedures that governs the Global End User Services Team.
- Provide quality and fast resolution to service and incident requests submitted to our support center via our ticketing system and Slack.
- Consistently document all information related to service and incident requests to ensure all.
- Interactions with customers and peers are learnt from, improving team performance as we optimize our processes.
- Provide user account management and administration via Google, Active Directory, and OKTA.
- Manage vendor relations for those hosted and outsourced end user services and solutions.
- Support the stack of productivity tools and SaaS solutions powering the success of our users. G Suite Office 365, Slack, others.
- Assist in Network troubleshooting for wired and Wi-Fi connectivity and VPN services.
- Troubleshoot A/V issues with connected room systems, Google Chrome boxes, Apple TVs, and other A/V hardware.
- Asset management administration – Laptop and Mobile device management via JAMF and Google MDM solutions. Assist the user community with the installation and configuration of IT equipment such as Mac, Chrome, and other peripherals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships by working cooperatively with others to perform preventive maintenance, repairs, upgrades and implementation to always improve and innovate on the technology platform that makes Gemini tick.
- Assist with training for new and existing users regarding existing and new technologies.
- Associate degree in a technical field or 1-2 years of experience working as a support professional in the end user space.
- Jira administration knowledge. Ability to create and maintain Jira Projects/Dashboards/Sprints, etc.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of advance experience in supporting Apple laptops and macOS.
- Experience with JAMF creating and supporting Policies, extension attributes, etc.
- Advanced Google Workspace management and products.
- Experience with handling A/V equipment.
- Understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, VPN.
- Proficiency in dealing with a variety of computer systems/applications required.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving and communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter, with minimum guidance or management required.
- Experience troubleshooting printers, monitors, laptops, and other traditional corporate IT equipment.
- Must be eager to be hands-on, learning new technologies, and identifying how to improve them.
- Experience in a startup, fintech or finance support.
- Understanding of SSO implementations (i.e. Okta).
- Experience with Linux.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?