About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Technology
The Role: Principal Engineer
Gemini is where innovation, speed to delivery, and big ideas are celebrated. We are builders who are inventing the future of finance via crypto and web3-driven innovation. We are in the process of establishing our Gemini development center in Gurgaon (Gurugram), India with plans to begin recruitment by the end of April 2023. We are hiring software engineers and technical product managers in this location along with other key roles, including human resources and talent acquisition, finance, support, and compliance.
At the Principal level, engineers are expected to master their immediate domain and have broad impact across other engineering teams. This person will define technical direction, unblock and mentor teammates, and tackle the most complex system and architectural challenges. Principal engineers are distinguished by their organization-level impact and focus on high-leverage activity, in addition to direct code contribution. Beyond pure technical focus, Principals bridge the gap between management and engineering - they obsess over not only the how, but also what and why, and are able to disseminate this context to both audiences, up-leveling the entire organization in depth and delivery.
There are 1-5 positions open under this role.
- Influencing leadership / CTO organization and collaborate with other Principal Engineers across the organization to build the right software architecture for Gemini.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain services supporting multiple engineering teams.
- Advocate and model technical and operational excellence.
- Drive large cross-group technical initiatives.
- Set long-term technical strategy for services within and adjacent to primary domain.
- Review, validate and provide feedback on technical design documents.
- Perform thorough code reviews to ensure quality and up-level peers.
- 8-10 years software development experience. We primarily use Scala.
- 5 years in-depth experience with distributed systems or cloud computing. We primarily use AWS native technologies.
- Significant experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code. We often use Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience building and owning low-latency, high-availability critical systems or cloud-based services.
- Experience defining, managing, and executing a portfolio of complex engineering projects.
- Expertise in event-driven architecture.
- Expertise in instrumentation, observability and monitoring.
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies and relevant security considerations. We often use Kubernetes and EKS.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?