Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Finance
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. We are focused on bridging the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience based on the digital asset economy.
The Role: Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis
Gemini is looking for an Associate to join the FP&A team. We are looking for a candidate with a deep understanding of financial modeling, company valuation, and technology company growth metrics. Experience in the cryptocurrency, retail credit card, or related industry is preferred. The potential candidate should have the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally with product teams, corporate development, and support functions. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner with a passion for innovative technologies, who is dedicated to advancing the mission of Gemini.
- Develop robust driver-based models based on key financial and operational metrics. Manage financial databases across a range of sources and integrate underlying data into consolidated forecasts.
- Be a trusted advisor to proactively collaborate, influence, and align the financial planning processes to the overall strategic objectives of the company.
- Partner with Product, Corporate Development, and Strategy groups to translate strategic business plans into comprehensive financial plans. Monitor performance against plans and prepare variance analysis for senior leadership.
- Understand current and historic performance of key metrics to create impactful KPI presentations. Translate financial analysis into actionable insights for strategic planning, cash flow management, financing, and Board meetings.
- Perform scenario and sensitivity analysis for multiple ranges of key metrics and financial data points.
- Collaborate across other Finance functions, including Accounting and Treasury, to drive ongoing enhancements in revenue planning, expense management, cash flow forecasting, and capital management.
- Partner with accounting, analytics, and operations to ensure your collective work is creating transformative business intelligence and measurable future business outcomes.
- Analyze markets to identify business opportunities. Actively participate and support ROI analysis and pricing discussions for new and existing services.
- Assist business and product leads in ad-hoc projects, providing strong analysis and decision support on strategic initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in one or more of the following areas: financial analysis, investment banking, management consulting, Big 4 accounting.
- Deep understanding of financial modeling, valuation, and growth metrics - particularly within the financial services, fintech, and consumer tech industries.
- Advanced Excel skills and financial modeling required (critical to success in the position).
- Data analytics skills preferred, with experience using analytics software such as Looker, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Strong communicator who can turn quantitative analysis into concise, actionable insights.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $84,000 - $118,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?