Manager, Software Engineering
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Compliance
The Compliance team at Gemini is responsible for ensuring the exchange is in line with all governmental rules and sanctions as well as ensuring people do not conduct any money laundering activities. This team is responsible for developing solutions not just for the US market, but for all markets that Gemini has a presence in. Gemini has always maintained a very strong posture towards Compliance. And given the market conditions, building innovative solutions for Compliance is even more important. Since financial rules change often, you’ll be a part of a fast-paced team in an agile environment allowing you to see the fruits of your labor deployed on a regular basis.
The Role: Manager, Software Engineering
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead projects in the Compliance space. This team creates new and maintain existing processes and execute strategies to ensure projects are developed in a timely manner. Engineering Manager responsibilities include providing technical guidance and leadership to the development team, working directly with engineers, conducting design and code reviews, and overseeing the successful execution of projects throughout the year. Ultimately, the Engineering Manager will work closely with different teams to ensure projects are completed according to schedule and budget.
A good Engineering Manager must have excellent communication skills since they need to deliver technical instructions to different departments based on their role in a project’s development. They must also be organized, as they manage resources across multiple projects throughout the year.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time
- Hands-on development, including design, development, debugging and code reviews
- Proposing and managing resources for projects
- Supervising the work of multiple team members
- Researching and developing designs and products
- Determining the need for training and talent development
- Building effective team structure
- Ensuring products have the support of upper management
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering team members
- Leading research and development projects that produce new designs and processes.
- Checking their team’s work for technical accuracy
- Coordinating work with other managers and staff
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Development skills, including at least 7 years of hands-on experience in major languages such as Java or C++. Scala development experience is highly recommended, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail-oriented behavior with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various projects, employees, and schedules simultaneously
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Engineering Manager
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?