VP/Director of Engineering
Forage is a mission-driven payments company that is helping merchants accept government benefits through a single, unified API. Today, over 42 million Americans receive government assistance (ex: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) to buy groceries.
Starting with enabling EBT SNAP online, Forage builds the financial infrastructure empowering merchants of all shapes and sizes to serve these shoppers online.
We function as a hybrid organization, actively hiring across North America. While we embrace remote work, we prioritize candidates who can contribute from our San Francisco office.
What we're looking for:
We’re looking for an Engineering Leader who will cultivate a collaborative engineering culture and ensure the strategic growth of their team. While we embrace remote work, we prioritize candidates who can frequently contribute from our San Francisco office.
- Mentor and coach engineers and help them advance in their careers.
- Empower engineers to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Facilitate collaboration between varying software project stakeholders and contributors.
- Create and implement processes and operational frameworks to solve problems for scale.
- Develop and administer goals, schedules and performance requirements.
- Manage overall engineering budget and costs.
- Support our hiring process and maturely scale the next stage of hypergrowth, particularly for our engineering team.
- 5+ years of experience managing and building teams.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
- You have managed teams that operate critical infrastructure.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You have the ability to dig into technical details and have a strategic mindset to inform decisions that affect engineering roadmaps.
- Ability to work cross functionally across the organization.
- You have successfully scaled high-performing teams ranging from 50-100+ engineers.
As of 1/25/24, if we hire you in San Francisco, your base salary would fall within the bands below. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of your offer is not included in these numbers and represents a significant part of your total compensation.
- Base Compensation:
- Base: $205,000-$245,000
Meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our society.
Competitive compensation: salary, equity, and benefits.
A remote-first work environment within North America with opportunity for onsite meetings.
A fun and caring environment that prioritizes transparency, growth, and ownership.
A talented, diverse, high-achieving, and humble team with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
We aim to review every application within 72 hours of submission and provide feedback on each of your interviews within 48 hours of completion. If you don't hear from us, please reach out to your recruiter or email@example.com directly to get an update on your candidacy.