Principal Backend Engineer
Forage is a mission-driven payments company that is helping merchants accept government benefits through a single, unified API. Today, over 42 million Americans receive government assistance (ex: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) to buy groceries.
Starting with enabling EBT SNAP online, Forage builds the financial infrastructure empowering merchants of all shapes and sizes to serve these shoppers online.
We function as a hybrid organization, actively hiring across North America. While we embrace remote work, we prioritize candidates who can contribute from our San Francisco office.
What we're looking for:
- Love building great products and engineering systems
- The ability to oversee technical aspects of projects.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can articulate and balance implementation tradeoffs
- Productive, resourceful, and an effective problem solver
- Write high quality code, value software testing, and uphold best practices in engineering
- Exhibit a strong understanding of CS fundamentals from your Bachelor's in CS, engineering, related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience building a PayFac or Payment Processor system
- Experience with Logging and Observability tools
- Ability to mentor other engineers and influence decision makers throughout the organization.
- Work effectively in a remote setting and are able to overlap at least 4 hours per work day at 9am to 5pm PST
- Python + Django + PostgreSQL + NodeJS
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
As of 11/27/23, if we hire you in San Francisco, your base salary would fall within the bands below. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of your offer is not included in these numbers and represents a significant part of your total compensation.
- Principle Software Engineer: $180,000-$230,000
Meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our society.
Competitive compensation: salary, equity, and benefits.
A remote-first work environment within North America with opportunity for onsite meetings.
A fun and caring environment that prioritizes transparency, growth, and ownership.
A talented, diverse, high-achieving, and humble team with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
We aim to review every application within 72 hours of submission and provide feedback on each of your interviews within 48 hours of completion. If you don't hear from us, please reach out to your recruiter or email@example.com directly to get an update on your candidacy.