Forage is a mission-driven payments company that is helping merchants accept government benefits through a single, unified API. Today, over 42 million Americans receive government assistance (ex: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) to buy groceries.
Starting with enabling EBT SNAP online, Forage builds the financial infrastructure empowering merchants of all shapes and sizes to serve these shoppers online.
We function as a hybrid organization, actively hiring across North America. While we embrace remote work, we prioritize candidates who can contribute from our San Francisco office.
What we are looking for:
A Solutions Engineer with strong technical skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions that meet the needs of our customers. You will be the critical link between our merchants’ technical team and our Forage Engineering team. You will work closely with our business development team, merchant operations, product managers, engineers, and customers to understand business requirements and identify appropriate technology solutions.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar customer-facing engineering role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer).
- Experience in helping customers adopt and consume software in a cloud model
- Executive engagement skills and presence, with an ability to establish strong relationships with key decision makers and build credibility at all levels
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to understand how a wide variety of technologies and systems interact with each other
- Experience integrating a payments processor or other RESTful APIs into web or mobile applications
- Experience in solving open ended fintech or payments business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking
- Experience working in the global enterprise sales cycles and driving measurable business outcomes for a customer
- Familiarity with tools such as Figma and Postman.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Ruby and Python
- Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities while working with multiple strategic opportunities and customers
- Support our Business Development and Merchant Operations teams throughout the sales and implementation process, working to ensure that customers have a positive experience with Forage’s products and services. This includes conducting product demonstrations, creating proposals and technical documentation, and working with development teams to customize and configure software solutions.
- Post contract execution, managing the integration and launch of solutions with a sense of urgency.
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical issues and offer appropriate solutions to our customers.
- Collaborate with our technical writer to create and refine reference solutions and guides based on feedback from partners.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to resolve complex technical issues
- Collaborate with our product team and merchant operations team to develop custom solutions and integrations to address customer needs
As of 10/3/2023, if we hire you in San Francisco, your base salary would fall within the bands below. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of your offer is not included in these numbers and represents a significant part of your total compensation.
- Base Compensation:
- Solutions Engineer: $110,000-$135,000 USD
Meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our society.
Competitive compensation: salary, equity, and benefits.
A remote-first work environment within North America with opportunity for onsite meetings.
A fun and caring environment that prioritizes transparency, growth, and ownership.
A talented, diverse, high-achieving, and humble team with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
We aim to review every application within 72 hours of submission and provide feedback on each of your interviews within 48 hours of completion. If you don't hear from us, please reach out to your recruiter or email@example.com directly to get an update on your candidacy.