Security Software Engineer
Forage is a mission-driven payments company that is helping merchants accept government benefits through a single, unified API. Today, over 42 million Americans receive government assistance (ex: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) to buy groceries.
Starting with enabling EBT SNAP online, Forage builds the financial infrastructure empowering merchants of all shapes and sizes to serve these shoppers online.
We function as a hybrid organization, actively hiring across North America. While we embrace remote work, we prioritize candidates who can contribute from our San Francisco office.
What we are looking for:
As a security software engineer, you will play a crucial role in the development, maintenance, and enforcement of our information security policy and governance structure. Your expertise will be pivotal in architecting, implementing, and monitoring security measures that meet not only PCI DSS but also data privacy regulations and information security mandates from our bank partners.
Your efforts will ensure that vulnerable Americans can securely buy meals on our payment processing platform. Your role is key to enhancing our engineering security, ensuring it meets and surpasses industry requirements. This fortifies customer trust, creating a positive reputation that attracts more customers.
- BS/B.Tech in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in application, product, or systems security.
- Proven experience in threat modeling, code reviewing, security testing, vulnerability detection, and devising remediation strategies.
- Strong technical understanding of OWASP Top 10 and application security concepts.
- 5+ years of experience securing cloud services, preferably AWS.
- A strong understanding of payments processing and financial services technologies.
- Develop, execute and track the performance of security protocols ensuring the protection of information, network infrastructure, and computer systems.
- Engineer a holistic cybersecurity architecture aligning with the company's security strategy.
- Identify, define, document, and communicate system security requirements, providing viable solutions to management.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain the security infrastructure, ensuring both software and hardware components are optimized for performance.
- Deploy monitoring software to proactively identify system and network security breaches, and intrusions, ensuring airtight security at all times.
- Stay ahead of potential security threats by setting up preventive measures and continually updating the company’s information security strategy.
- Cultivate a culture of security awareness by educating and training staff on information system security best practices, ensuring security is integral in all engineering efforts.
As of 10/3/2023, if we hire you in San Francisco, your base salary would fall within the bands below. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of your offer is not included in these numbers and represents a significant part of your total compensation.
- Base Compensation:
- Security Software Engineer: $130,000-$170,000
Meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our society.
Competitive compensation: salary, equity, and benefits.
A remote-first work environment within North America with opportunity for onsite meetings.
A fun and caring environment that prioritizes transparency, growth, and ownership.
A talented, diverse, high-achieving, and humble team with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
We aim to review every application within 72 hours of submission and provide feedback on each of your interviews within 48 hours of completion. If you don't hear from us, please reach out to your recruiter or email@example.com directly to get an update on your candidacy.