Forage is a mission-driven payments company that is helping merchants accept government benefits through a single, unified API. Today, over 42 million Americans receive government assistance (ex: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) to buy groceries.
Starting with enabling EBT SNAP online, Forage builds the financial infrastructure empowering merchants of all shapes and sizes to serve these shoppers online.
We function as a hybrid organization, actively hiring across North America. While we embrace remote work, we prioritize candidates who can contribute from our San Francisco office.
What we are looking for:
Forage is looking for an Account Executive to lead sales with grocery, dollar & convenience store retailers. This role will identify new opportunities, bring in leads via outbound prospecting, and manage an entire deal cycle, including commercial and contractual negotiations.
The candidate should have experience in Payments, FinTech or Grocery Technology and be accustomed to selling complex technology solutions to sophisticated executive-level buyers. The candidate should be a strategic thinker who can drive tangible revenue results with creative solutions, partnership opportunities, and pricing structures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional experience
- 4+ years of sales and business development experience
- Proven experience selling complex technology solutions to executive-level decision-makers
- Proven experience managing and closing complex deals with material revenue impact
- Proven experience negotiating contracts and commercials
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and on a team in ambiguous environments
- Experience in E-Commerce, Grocery Technology, Payments/FinTech, or B2B
- Excitement about hunting for and bringing in new business to Forage
- Experience with and excitement for working in a fast-paced and dynamic, early-stage startup environment (both its many rewards and its challenges)
- Positive attitude with the desire to collaborate cross-functionally, solve tough challenges, and build a positive culture
- Build out the sales pipeline with key grocery, dollar and convenience store targets through individual outbound prospecting, warm introductions, and working closely with Forage’s Business Development Associate
- Own the sales cycle from end-to-end, from initial contact through close
- Collaborate closely with BD Leadership to build out pitch decks, commercial proposals, and lead deal projections
- Collaborate with BD Leadership to measure, analyze, and report on pipeline performance
- Collaborate closely with the Merchant Operations Team and other cross-functional stakeholders to launch and scale clients
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to prioritize new products and product features based on prospect feedback
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Team to build B2B and B2C marketing campaigns for partners
- Collaborate closely with Business Development Associate to optimize inbound and outbound prospecting channels
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms directly with external partners
- Work against tight deadlines and quick turnarounds, and be able to juggle multiple projects and priorities
As of 10/3/2023, if we hire you in San Francisco, your base salary would fall within the bands below. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of your offer is not included in these numbers and represents a significant part of your total compensation.
- Base Compensation:
- Account Executive: $130,000-$150,000 base salary plus variable compensation.
Meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our society.
Competitive compensation: salary, equity, and benefits.
A remote-first work environment within North America with opportunity for onsite meetings.
A fun and caring environment that prioritizes transparency, growth, and ownership.
A talented, diverse, high-achieving, and humble team with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
We aim to review every application within 72 hours of submission and provide feedback on each of your interviews within 48 hours of completion. If you don't hear from us, please reach out to your recruiter or firstname.lastname@example.org directly to get an update on your candidacy.