Our mission at Fidel API is to unlock the full potential of payment cards. We offer a suite of financial infrastructure APIs that enable developers to build programmable experiences connected to purchases made in real-time using a card. Our tools are transforming how merchants and users interact by powering real-time, event-driven engagements in the loyalty and spend management verticals.
Our APIs are used by start-ups through global enterprises and are supported by the world’s largest card networks, including Visa and Mastercard.
Launched in 2018, Fidel is headquartered in London, with offices in Lisbon, New York, and remote employees globally. Fidel is backed by investors including Nyca Partners, QED Investors, Citi Ventures, RBC Capital and Commerce Ventures.
Reporting to our Head of Networks, the Partnerships Manager will develop and manage key relationships with financial institutions and payment networks, oversee the end-to-end contracting process, creatively expand the scope of key partnerships, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive innovative growth and strategic success in the fintech space.
More broadly, this role requires staying at the forefront of emerging payment technologies to enhance partnership capabilities and contribute to the fintech sector's evolution as a whole.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships: Develop and manage mission-critical relationships with essential partners, particularly financial institutions and payments networks. Act as the main liaison for issue resolution and collaborative efforts with Fidel API’s critical partners. Partner with the Head of Networks and Head of Growth to ensure deep executive engagement with partners.
- Be an expert: Develop a deep understanding of the Fidel API’s platform, key verticals and customer base. Remain abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and changes that may impact partnership strategies. Continuously seeking new partnership opportunities to drive business growth.
- Negotiate and manage contracts: Oversee negotiations throughout the contracting cycle, achieving mutually-beneficial outcomes for all parties.
- Strategic planning: Develop and implement a strategic partnership plan that aligns with the company's overall business strategy. Constantly look for opportunities to grow and scale partnerships, collaborating with internal teams to integrate partnership activities into the company's operations.
- Be proactive: Address opportunities and challenges that may arise during the course of partnerships and finding effective solutions. Proactively identify and mitigate risks associated with partnerships.
- Monitor business performance: Establish key metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of partnerships. Conducting regular evaluations and reviews to assess the impact of partnerships on the company's objectives.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales, product development, and finance to ensure alignment and support for partnership initiatives.
We want you, if you have:
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in customer-facing professional services roles (consulting, account management, customer success or business development in B2B technology, spend management, financial services or top-tier consulting firms
- Experience forming partnerships in the financial sector; preference for experience with major payment networks, financial institutions and processors
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of making data-driven decisions
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- High adaptability, ability to work autonomously, and comfort with ambiguity in a high-growth, constantly changing environment
At Fidel API, we live by our values and what we stand for, and that feeds into every decision we make. Fidel comes from the Latin word ‘Fidelis’ which means reliability, trust, truth and dependability. We honor those values — and our commitment to them — by naming ourselves after the ancient root word itself.
Across our company, we speak over 10 languages and represent over 20 different nationalities. It’s our diversity of background, thinking, talents and skills that allows us to build truly global products for the developers who are driving payments innovation forward.
We're committed to making Fidel API a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. Our benefits include:
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Flexible work options - choose where you work (hybrid, remote or in one of our pet-friendly offices)
- Home office budget
- Enhanced Parental Leave - 16 weeks at 100% pay as our global minimum standard
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) with 100% premium coverage options
- 401k with 4% company match
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Virtual and in-person team gatherings & activities (dependent on location)
Salary for this role can vary depending on experience and level. Total compensation may include annual bonus, commission, and equity. Additional benefits include 401k company match, healthcare premium coverage, and WFH stipend.
At Fidel API, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel API does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel API employees or any other company location. Fidel API is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.