Software Engineer - Contract Position
Fidel API is a global financial infrastructure platform that enables developers to build programmable experiences connected with real-time payment events from a user’s card. Startups through global enterprises are leveraging Fidel API’s tools to power a range of solutions including digital receipts, customer attribution, loyalty and rewards, expense management, and personal financial management.
Launched in 2018, Fidel API is headquartered in London, with offices in Lisbon, New York, and remote employees globally. Fidel API is backed by investors including Bain Capital Ventures, Nyca Partners, QED Investors, Citi Ventures, RBC Capital, and Commerce Ventures.
We're in an incredibly exciting period of growth as we continue to scale internationally and are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who wants to be part of this journey.
What you'll do...
- Build customer-centric, secure, and reliable software with system and API design in mind
- Participate in all team events, remaining aware and actively contributing to the team’s roadmap
- Design, build, maintain, document, and own reliable, fault-tolerant software solutions
- Deploy software safely while controlling product quality by applying monitoring, test automation, and deployment techniques
- Contribute to and pair with team members on work items, namely with solution design, implementation, code reviews, and testing
- Work with Product Development Managers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to identify product opportunities and develop the respective solution space within Fidel API’s platform
- Collaborate with peers across the company to identify and build on improvements to processes and systems
- Guide and manage our engineering partnerships with our clients, facilitating collaboration and integration strategies
- Apply incident management best practices and track learnings to include within the team’s solution design practices and quality controls
- Be an advocate of prioritizing initiatives in line with the company’s goals, identifying their business value, and getting buy-in from the broader team
- Participate in hiring activities by interviewing candidates
Ideally, we would like to see some of the following skills…
- Able to build and maintain systems using a high-level programming language.
- Able to write high-quality code, including test automation.
- Have experience writing tests and building test automation.
- Have experience with at least one cloud provider (Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS) and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Have experience with scalable and distributed solutions.
- Have a growth mindset;
- Are a team player;
Nice to have
- Previous exposure to distributed systems and API economy.
- Experience with Function-as-a-Service services.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Continuous Deployment tools and/or Continuous Deployment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and/or Continuous Integration.
- Solid knowledge of Domain Driven Design.
- Production experience with AWS (Lambda and DynamoDB).
Lisbon, Porto or fully remote
At Fidel API, we live by our values and what we stand for, and that feeds into every decision we make. Fidel comes from the Latin word ‘Fidelis’ which means reliability, trust, truth and dependability. We honor those values — and our commitment to them — by naming ourselves after the ancient root word itself.
Across our company, we speak 27 languages and represent 25+ different nationalities. It’s our diversity of background, thinking, talents and skills that allows us to build truly global products for the developers who are driving payments innovation forward.
At Fidel API, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel API does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel API employees or any other company location. Fidel API is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.