Fidel API is a global financial infrastructure platform that enables developers to build programmable experiences connected with real-time payment events from a user’s card. Startups through global enterprises are leveraging Fidel API’s tools to power a range of solutions including digital receipts, customer attribution, loyalty and rewards, expense management and personal financial management.
Launched in 2018, Fidel API is headquartered in London, with offices in Lisbon, New York, and remote employees globally. Fidel API is backed by investors including Bain Capital Ventures, Nyca Partners, QED Investors, Citi Ventures, RBC Capital and Commerce Ventures.
We're in an incredibly exciting period of growth as we continue to scale internationally and are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who wants to be part of our team and our journey in the fintech space.
What you'll do...
- Lead a team of Engineers, including people management responsibilities such as 1on1s, training plans, career plans, and performance appraisals
- Develop people through technical guidance and mentorship, fostering a growing and collaborative culture for the team
- Work closely with the Product Managers to ensure we're solving the agreed business problems with the best technical solution
- Engage with team members and stakeholders to define the team’s technical strategy and roadmap
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Identify roadblocks, dependencies, and other issues and work with the team to resolve these issues
- Help the Product Managers arrive at the right compromises with the engineers when required by technical constraints, outlining the decisions and tradeoffs being made
- Collaborate with the entire team to ensure our products meet the SLAs/SLOs expected by our customers
- Actively contributes to the implementation of company-wide processes, strategies, improved culture and values
- Fosters a data-driven culture, empowering the team and stakeholders to make well-informed decisions
- Recruit, interview, hire new team members, and ensure succession planning of key team members and yourself
We want you if...
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and business needs
- Clear and proactive communicator both verbally and in writing, including asynchronously, in English
- You’re a self-starter and are not afraid of uncertainty, helping others reach a decision and unblocking the team when the path ahead is unclear
- Experience applying systems thinking to management, ensuring continuous improvement of the organisation
- Experience managing one or more cross-functional teams, with a track record of shipping high-quality software that meets business needs
- Demonstrate a growth mindset, and project that into their teams, in order to create a culture of learning
- Experience instilling an agile mindset into teams so they can adapt to change and deliver incremental value to their customers faster
- Demonstrate a track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development. You inspire your team to reach higher
- Ensure the team works well together as a whole, bringing out the best in each individual
- Experience leading change in an organisation successfully, by careful planning and risk mitigation
- Ability to develop high-trust relationships with stakeholders
- Software engineering or related background, with proven experience in the industry
- Comfortable managing deadlines, with a good understanding of the tradeoffs between time and scope
- Experience in building and managing highly scalable distributed systems with 24/7 operations
- Great understanding that predictability is a constant balancing act between capacity, risk mitigation, discovery process, time, and scope
- You’re comfortable with autonomy and are happy with being accountable for the initiatives you commit to deliver
Porto, Lisbon or fully remote
At Fidel API, we live by our values and what we stand for, and that feeds into every decision we make. Fidel comes from the Latin word ‘Fidelis’ which means reliability, trust, truth and dependability. We honor those values — and our commitment to them — by naming ourselves after the ancient root word itself.
Across our company, we speak 27 languages and represent 25+ different nationalities. It’s our diversity of background, thinking, talents and skills that allows us to build truly global products for the developers who are driving payments innovation forward.
We're committed to making Fidel API a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Flexible work options - choose where you work (hybrid, remote or in one of our pet-friendly offices)
- Home office budget
- Enhanced Parental Leave - 16 weeks at 100% pay as our global minimum standard
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, and more) for you and your family
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Virtual and in-person team gatherings & activities (dependent on location)
At Fidel API, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel API does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel API employees or any other company location. Fidel API is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.