Head of Design
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage a brand and design team while driving brand and design experience across a range of initiatives including print, video, web, product and digital products.
- Identify and begin laying the groundwork for strategic brand and design vision that spans the company and guides its design evolution.
- Lead design-driven greenfield work involving key team members and stakeholders to pinpoint near-term and long-term areas of opportunity.
- Manage the design team, translating company goals into design priorities, defining effective crossteam workflows, and ensuring that designers are productive.
- Lead with a focus on providing ongoing feedback and addressing the team’s needs.
Who you are:
- You prioritize building strong relationships, and enjoying the journey
- You’re kind, curious, and interested in other people’s perspectives
- You enjoy solving hard problems and learning from others along the way
- You’re inventive and excited about building something new
- You’re passionate about positively impacting the future of our planet and humanity
What you’ll offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Design or Visual Communications field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience delivering high-profile B2B and B2C brand and product experiences.
- Ten years of experience leading and guiding brand and product teams and designers in digital design.
- Managerial experience within brand or product design discipline.
- Proficiency with Agile, Sprint, or similar development methodologies.
- Experience defining and building new digital products in a startup environment.
- Leadership experience in design role leading people, process, and product strategies.
Ethic is working toward a future where all investing is sustainable investing. We empower wealth advisors and investors to create portfolios that seek to align personal values with financial goals.
Our team is committed to fostering an environment that brings together many different voices, perspectives and lived experiences to accelerate the global transition to sustainable investing.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation at Ethic is a combination of base salary, equity (stock options) in the company, and benefits.
Our benefits package includes;
- Medical, dental & vision insurance – premiums 100% covered by Ethic
- Unlimited paid time off
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- An annual wellness & education stipend
- Sponsored employee resource groups
- Regular lunch & learns and volunteering opportunities
- A fully-stocked office in lower Manhattan + the flexibility to regularly work remotely
Location: New York, NY
Submit an application:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit both a resume, a cover letter, and a link to your portfolio below.
Ethic values the diversity of our team and encourages applications from all backgrounds and life experiences. In order to continuously grow a diverse team, we are taking a data-driven approach to understanding and iterating our hiring practices. Please complete the demographic survey below to support us in doing so.