Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
Base Salary: $95,000 - $120,000 USD
*Position can sit remotely anywhere in the US.
As an Insurance Analyst with us, you will play a pivotal role in driving strategic decisions through the power of data. Your work will directly impact our ability to deliver tailored insurance solutions, drive top-of-funnel, enhance risk assessment accuracy, optimize operational efficiency, and ultimately transform the way businesses view insurance. This position offers a unique chance to be part of a forward-thinking team that is reshaping the industry by blending traditional insurance expertise with advanced analytics.
- Leverage your advanced analytical skills to extract meaningful insights from vast datasets related to underwriting, claims, customer behavior, market trends, operations, etc.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the effectiveness of insurance products, go-to-market motions, business strategies, and operational processes.
- Collaborate closely with underwriters, actuaries, product managers, and IT teams to ensure that data-related insights are effectively integrated into business strategies.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining internal processes by analyzing operational data, leading to enhanced efficiency and reduced operational costs.
- Create visually compelling dashboards and reports that communicate complex data insights in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of previous experience in an analytical role at a high-growth startup, insurance company, investment banking, consulting, private equity, or venture capital firm.
- Strong communication skills and experience working directly with stakeholders across an organization to analyze problems, propose recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Comfort working with large quantities of unstructured data and can combine qualitative / anecdotal data with quantitative data to drive actionable insights.
- A background in insurance brokerage go-to-market data, including, but not limited to, sales performance, client retention, insurer relationships, and employee productivity.
- A background in Commercial and/or Specialty insurance lines and data that better equips you to collaborate across the organization.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets skills.
- Proficient in using tools such as Python, R, SQL, and data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) to manipulate data and create meaningful visualizations.
- Prolonged periods of time sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to perform at a high-level in a remote work environment.
The Embroker Pack lives by three core values that have taken us from an idea to a growing, well-funded player in the Insurtech space.
We succeed and fail as one team. We optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play, and positive energy.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do to make our Pack stronger and more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized communities.