Senior Python Software Engineer - Blockchain
Clearmatics is a blockchain protocol engineering company that builds decentralised financial market infrastructures that are more open, efficient, and resilient than those serving legacy market structures of today.
We have a bold vision for this new market infrastructure - enabling market participants to solve currently unaddressed problems of the real economy, including “missing markets” problems. We aim to achieve our vision through technologies that allow peer-to-peer trading and settlement within new markets, and with digital assets whose values track real-world risk factors that currently have no suitable expression in legacy markets.
No matter the nature of a risk factor, whether macro-economic or relating to real-world metrics such as climate data, our mission is to make important risk factors tradable; by anyone, anywhere, without reliance on financial intermediaries. We are building this new infrastructure in collaboration with incredible trading and blockchain communities.
Clearmatics was founded in 2015, and we have ever since been committed advocates of Open Source development, and active participants in the blockchain and cryptography research communities. We’ve also been an active participant and supporter of decentralized infrastructure initiatives including Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.
We’re growing our team and are looking for a Python Software Engineer to join us and become part of our journey.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity with – and passion for – the space is key.
Some of the areas we tackle include blockchain infrastructure optimized for financial use-cases, protocols for specific applications (such as smart contract-based derivatives, synthetic assets, cryptocurrency stabilization, etc), scalability and privacy through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets).
You will develop and maintain tools, automated scripts, and backend services to:
- Deliver CLIs, APIs, and SDKs for Autonity protocols
- Facilitate R&D into new blockchain and defi protocols
- Support the development of community challenges
- Supply data and analytics to drive web sites and dashboards
- Improve CI systems for build, test, and release
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong programming skills in Python
- An understanding of Ethereum protocols and proof of stake
- Proficiency with SQL databases, GraphQL sources, and time series data
- Smart contract programming experience in Solidity
- Experience developing REST APIs, backend services, and automation jobs
- Good knowledge of Unix shell scripting and commandline tools
- Programming experience in a systems language like Go, Rust, or C++
- Experience designing, researching, or implementing Web3 protocols
- Experience with Python scientific computing stack (NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter)
- Contributed code to open source projects in the Web3 space
Our compensation is blockchain competitive and dependent on your skills & experience.