Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
As an IT Engineer at Built, you will be a key member of the IT engineering team responsible for maintaining and enhancing the technology infrastructure that underpins our operations. You'll work in a dynamic and innovative environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure our systems and applications are performant, secure, and scalable. Your technical expertise will be crucial in supporting and optimizing our SaaS solutions, helping us deliver high-quality services to our clients. You will architect solutions spanning diverse domains, prioritizing both robust reliability and scalability.
In this role you will:
- Partner with the IT engineering team to manage and maintain Built's IT infrastructure, including servers, networks, and cloud-based resources.
- Support and administer SaaS applications, ensuring smooth setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate SaaS applications with other systems and processes.
- Maintain and troubleshoot network components, including routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Create scripts and automation workflows for routine tasks, configuration management, and deployment processes.
- Set up and manage system monitoring, alerting, and automation to proactively address issues.
- Ensure IT systems and practices adhere to industry compliance standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain thorough documentation of configurations, processes, and best practices.
- Field Tier 3 ticket escalations from the Help Desk team while tracking ticket creation for measuring engineering related work
- Experience configuring Mac / Windows workstations and proficiency in MDM platforms and tools, such as Kandji and InTune
- Proficiency in managing and supporting a variety of operating systems, including macOS, Windows, and Linux distributions (e.g., CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Foundational knowledge of networking principles, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN technologies, and routing protocols. (Experience with Meraki is preferred)
- Expertise in virtualization technologies, such as Windows 365, VMware , or KVM, including virtual machine provisioning, management, and performance optimization
- Understanding of cybersecurity best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and security policy implementation
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues in a systematic manner
- Energetic and positive approach to rapidly evolving changes and challenges of a high growth startup environment
- Understand the needs of the customer and be able to support users both onsite and in a remote capacity
Built’s salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.