Director of Product - Contractor/Owner Applications
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
We are looking for a strategic leader to establish and run Product Management for Built’s products for Construction Owners and Contractors, along with relevant platform components. As Director of Product Management, you will report to the VP of Product, and will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance product team, and collaborating with the broader organization to ensure a world-class product experience that drives business results and that our customers love. This role will be highly collaborative and work cross functionally as a champion for product development and delivery excellence, both with the senior leadership team, and with the GM’s of our customer business units. You will partner closely with your colleagues in engineering and operations to embed high performance, high value products and capabilities into each of Built’s stakeholder groups, while ensuring the connectivity of those products to help accelerate Built’s journey to being an integrated, multi-stakeholder platform that changes the built world for the better.
Our ideal candidate is a curious builder who knows how to get close to customers and establish best practices and proven processes that will ensure we deliver category defining products at scale. They should have a deep understanding of Agile, enterprise software product management, and be an expert in building products that fuel organic growth in a multi-product, multi-customer environment. They also haven’t lost the love of rolling up their sleeves and building hands-on. That also applies to the people side: They should know how to hire amazing talent, coach – and actively teach – as they build the next generation of CPOs, CEOs and product-led founders.
- Create, execute, and achieve the company’s platform product roadmap, strategy and scaling milestones in alignment with business objectives, customer experience, and revenue goals
- Collaborate with the leadership team to drive the product vision forward
- Establish a culture of product development and delivery excellence, driving the implementation of world-class product management processes and best practices, ensuring the consistent delivery pace of products and features in collaboration with other cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Revenue, and Design
- Deliver lovable (and loved) products on time and budget, creating team transparency and accountability
- Communicate effectively across stakeholders at all levels of the organization and evangelize the product strategy and business needs throughout cross-functional teams.
- Work tirelessly to listen to and understand our customers – their challenges, problems and pain points – and invent solutions which they may not yet be able to envision for themselves
- Lead, mentor, and scale the product and design teams, fulfilling key hiring needs, and identifying the optimal organizational structure to enable successful execution of the product roadmap
- Guide our development teams from product definition to development, launch and scale
- Be a core part of changing how the built world works through innovative products that make it easier, faster and more efficient to build
Skills, Experience & Education:
- An experienced Product Management leader with 10+ years of success building A+ teams and products in innovative growth companies
- A player-coach with a track record of building, leading, developing, and retaining world-class product teams
- A trusted leader with a proven background in building PLG SaaS products and platforms at scale, ideally in a multi-customer/segment, multi-product environment that includes enterprise class clients
- Detail-oriented, with strong technical acumen and analytical chops
- A bar raiser who knows not only what great looks like, but who knows how to measure it, how to implement a metrics-driven environment, and how to build the bridge from here to there
- Resourceful and a problem-solver who is able to lead and contribute at the highest strategic levels and with day-to-day tactical execution
- Creative, data driven and customer-focused
- A just the right amount of process kind of leader who knows good PDLC processes and mechanisms, and can ensure their teams use those tools consistently and to their fullest
- Able to listen, synthesize, simplify, and translate vision into actionable plans that align with Built’s business goals and strategy
Built’s salary range for this position is $160,000 - $240,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built's total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.
For California residents: Please note that Controller does not sell your personal data or share it with third parties outside of Greenhouse Software, Inc.