Manager, Revenue Accounting
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
As the Manager of Revenue Accounting, you will play a critical role in overseeing the company's revenue recognition processes and ensuring compliance with accounting standards, particularly ASC 606. You will lead a team responsible for accurately recording revenue, analyzing revenue transactions, providing technical guidance on revenue recognition matters, and overseeing the billings and collections process. The Revenue Accounting team will be an integral part of the Blend Accounting team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in revenue accounting, extensive knowledge of ASC 606, previous experience in the software industry, and can identify and implement best-in-class processes and controls to support the growth of the business.
Note: You must be able to commute to the San Francisco, CA office.
How you'll contribute:
- Revenue Recognition Compliance: Ensure compliance with ASC 606 and other relevant accounting standards by developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Revenue Analysis: Analyze complex revenue transactions and contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606
- Technical Guidance: Provide expert guidance and support to cross-functional teams on revenue recognition matters, including contract review, revenue forecasting, and deal structuring
- Month-End Close: Oversee the month-end close process for revenue accounting, ensuring accurate and timely recording of revenue and related journal entries
- Financial Reporting: Collaborate with the finance and accounting teams to prepare accurate and timely financial statements and disclosures related to revenue recognition
- Audit Support: Manage the annual audit process related to revenue recognition, including liaising with external auditors and providing necessary documentation and support
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies in revenue accounting processes and systems.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of revenue accountants, including billings and collections, providing guidance, training, and development opportunities to foster a high-performing team culture.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or equivalent certification preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in revenue accounting, with a focus on ASC 606
- Previous experience in the software industry is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition principles and accounting standards, including ASC 606
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex contracts and transactions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with NetSuite
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and develop a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and present complex information to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring compensation range for this position is $150,000 ~ $170,000. The stated base pay range would generally be reduced 5% for candidates outside of CO, IL, MA, TX, VA, WA, and DC. Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more