Software Engineer (IC3)
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Blend, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our web applications. You will work closely with our product development team to understand and translate customer needs into functional and scalable software solutions. The ideal candidate should have a robust front-end and back-end development background and experience working with various technologies.
Note: This is NOT a remote role; you must be able to commute to our office in Mexico City Mon-Thur. In order to be considered for the role, please submit your resume in English.
How you'll contribute:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications & code
- Work with product managers and UI/UX designers to implement new features and enhancements
- Design & develop applications to scale while considering maintenance, resiliency, and robustness
- Implement responsive user interfaces and ensure a seamless user experience across all devices with accessibility in mind
- Identify and troubleshoot software defects and issues, ensuring timely resolution
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and ensure best practices
- Encourage great habits to enhance team practices by participating in code reviews& offering peer mentorship and guidance
- Create your own story! Some of Blend’s best features have come from engineering initiatives. You’ll have an opportunity to propose new ideas and build features end-to-end
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 5-7 years of experience building high-quality production software
- You are an Excellent communicator and can operate independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, driving projects to a successful outcome
- You have experience in back-end development using languages such as Node.js, TypeScript, or Go
- You have experience working with databases like Postgres, MongoDB, or similar technologies