Customer Success Manager
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The Customer Success Manager is a key part of our Go to Market account team, working closely with customers, Account Executives, and Solutions Engineers to innovate the lending processes of the largest banks, credit unions, and independent mortgage banks in the world.
A Customer Success Manager’s key responsibility is to understand the business value that customers are looking to achieve with Blend, provide insight into the KPIs and other metrics that drive this value, and recommend features or changes to unlock value. As an example, customers are often looking to increase conversion rates in their lending funnel (from prospect to completed loans). The CSM deeply understands these metrics and can recommend features and optimizations in the Blend platform to better achieve them for each customer. The CSM does this through regular touch points with the customer and their teams that use Blend, and through extensive engagement with their counterparts in the account team.
Outside of this primary responsibility, the CSM also provides customers with information about new features, release notes, support ticket trends, and other information that helps customers understand the value they get from Blend.
The CSM ultimately plays a key role in creating raving fans of Blend, explaining the value that customers get from our world class originations platform, and helping customers get the most out of the available technology.
NOTE: This role requires you to be ONSITE at our Westlake Village, CA office. There will be no relocation package offered and only local candidates will be considered for the role.
How you'll contribute:
- Understand the key business goals of customers using Blend the metrics that are being used to track our mutual success
- Regularly share the success metrics with leadership at our customers and recommend features or changes in the technology or business processes to improve the metrics
- Help customers understand new features or release changes that present opportunities for them to improve operations or customer experience
- Recap other engagements with Blend (e.g., Support or ongoing deployments) to ensure customer executives have a full understand of how they are getting value from Blend and where we can mutually work together to increase this value
- Build trusted relationships with our customers where we can talk directly about how to drive success quickly
- Support the Blend account team to identify and open up new growth opportunities at our existing customers
Who you are:
- 1-4 years' prior relevant customer-facing experience at a either a consumption based Saas company, management consulting firm, or at an lending industry company (e.g., Mortgage company, Bank, or Credit Union)
- Technical aptitude with the ability to develop a deep understanding of the Blend product, mortgage market and our customers' needs
- Ability to understand KPIs, investigate root causes for issues, and develop a compelling solution for the customer
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with ability to develop trusted relationships with C-level executives
- Able to be in-person in our Westlake Village, CA office
- Ability to travel - limited travel (10%-20%)
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring compensation range (OTE = Base + Variable at 85/15 split) for this position is between $76,000 and $107,000. Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more