Senior Corporate Accountant
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
As a Corporate Senior Accountant, you will be based in our Mexico City office and will report to the International Controller. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in helping develop world-class processes to support our accounting and close functions while operating in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. We are looking for an individual who is excited to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrates strong communication skills, detail oriented, and a desire to learn and succeed.
How you'll contribute:
- Execute on month-end close, preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for a variety of GL accounts
- Prepare monthly variance analysis for areas of responsibility
- Design and enhance internal controls over accounting processes and systems in preparation for SOX compliance
- Establish, implement, maintain, and monitor accounting procedures and policies
- Combine GAAP accounting knowledge, operational experience, and critical thinking to problem-solving effectively and autonomously
- Drive scaling accounting processes through system automation and refining existing processes and procedures
- Support external audit and regulatory reporting function
- Perform ad hoc projects as requested, which include technical account research
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA is a plus)
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting (Big 4 or public company experience is a plus)
- Experience with major ERP system (NetSuite a plus, SAP, Oracle)
- Experience working in an international company.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills (pivot tables, index(match), xlookup, multiple criteria sumproduct, etc.)
- Demonstrate ownership, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed to interface and establish rapport with all levels of the organization
- You challenge the old ways of doing things and enjoy changing the status quo to optimize process and drive continuous improvement in yourself and within your function
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, highly transactional and data driven role + a willingness to speak up and ask questions
- You are detailed oriented, possess effective project management skills, and a strong ownership mindset
- Bilingual in English; written and verbal