Software Engineer (Platform Foundation)
Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
How you'll contribute:
- Design and build distributed systems for long-term scalability and maintainability
- Collaborate with feature development teams to understand their needs from the platform
- Architect solutions that establish good patterns and fulfill development team needs
- Build tools to enable developer productivity
- Monitor production systems for issues
Who you are:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Coding experience with any major language, like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience working enterprise grade production systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others succeed and be productive
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript, Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with migration from monolith to microservices
- Experience working on horizontal platform teams
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $165,000 and $207,000. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Bi-Weekly remote all hands
Something looks off?