Director, Software Engineering
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Axoni is building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
A director is responsible for a product or domain. They have management responsibilities to their direct reports as outlined for a manager. In addition, they are responsible for the success of their product or domain. This includes managing timelines and schedules, delivering on key milestones, and the quality of the architecture and development. They work closely with the other business units as well as with external clients as a bridge between the technology implementation and business requirements.
- Drive the strategic plans and objectives for the product or area of discipline with input from senior management.
- Accountable for the execution of the managers and individual contributors of the the team
- Responsible for the development, testing, and deployment of the product or domain
- Deliver all product releases on time and without defects
- Work closely with the product owner on the gathering and prioritization of requirements and making sure there is a full backlog of sprint work
- Responsible for the implementation of a product
- Work with clients as required on technical discussions and issue resolution
- Ensure the team is properly staffed and trained to execute on the product roadmap working with HR, finance, and management
- Coordinate with all stakeholders and business units as required
- Effectively cascades functional strategy
- Contributes to development of organizational policies.
- Accountable for actions that impact department budgets.
- Review and advise on high-level system designs and architectures.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, preferably in a software field
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering and development management experience with customer-facing, distributed systems
- Track record of growing engineering teams with a collaborative culture
- Track record of leading high performing teams that deliver scalable products in a technology company or startup
- Experience working with customers on architecture and technical discussions
- Experience working with internal and external business stakeholders and product teams
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative team member
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Experience coming from Financial Services / Capital Markets
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.