Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
As the Director of Business Development, you will be an integral leader within the AvidXchange Demand Generation Team. You will manage a team of professionals who are responsible for outbound teleprospecting calls integrated with digital marketing, progressing inbound opportunities, setting appointments for sales reps, and ultimately drive sales revenue pipeline. The Director will recruit, coach and inspire a team of high performing representatives to achieve objectives while continuously learning and sharpening their skills in a fun and rewarding environment
What you’ll do:
- Recruit, coach, develop and retain Market Outreach and Business Development Representatives and participate in the full life-cycle performance management process.
- Reach and exceed team quotas for total appointments set, opt-ins, contact completion, meetings and sales pipeline generation while maintaining low disqualification rates.
- Drive a culture of accountability and continuously learning that provides career progression for teammates.
Design and optimize prospect touch cadence plans and campaigns that team leverage and integrate data analytics to evaluate performance.
Engage directly with peers to optimize the business through measurement, process improvement, and creative strategy development.
- Design compensation and incentive plans involving variable performance-based programs that inspire winning behaviors for team.
- Build new outbound teleprospecting program focused on account acquisition and aligned to Account Based Marketing strategies.
- Work with Operations, IT, and the Marketing organizations to ensure proper functionality of tech, identification and implementation of new resources.
- Ensure team representatives are generating interest through phone conversations and leveraging digital capabilities and techniques by confidently engaging prospects.
- Build and Nurture cooperative relationships with Marketing and Sales
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of related work experience including experience in a high-growth SaaS based technology company
- Ability to create outreach campaigns tightly integrated with broader Marketing stakeholders to maximize conversion through best practices with content, cadence modeling, consultative selling.
- Previous experience building and managing successful inside sales or lead development teams
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, marketing automation, and call center dialer technology
- Ability to leverage data to make both quantitative and qualitative decisions with associates and partners.
- 5+ years’ experience as a people leader with direct reports
- BA/BS preferably in economics, finance, business management or marketing
- Experience performing in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly driven with a desire for contributing to teams that deliver and help the organization win in strategic markets.
- A strong interest in building a career in sales and/or leadership.
- Excellent understanding of process orientated sales management approach.
- Ability to effectively communicate through all mediums.
- Highly goal orientated and motivated with capacity and drive to reach and exceed daily quotas.
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years prior relevant experience.
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Sales and Marketing
- Job Function Sales & Marketing Generalists
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Management