Product Manager I
As an Associate Product Manager, you'll be an essential part of our team, helping to shape the future of our products. Collaborating with different teams like engineering, design, marketing, and sales, you'll learn how to manage the entire product process. Your fresh perspective and keen understanding of customer needs will help us create products that people love. We'll count on you to learn about our industry, competitors, and users, and use that knowledge to suggest exciting new ideas. Your knack for organizing tasks, keeping things on track, and staying updated on industry trends will help us create successful products. If you're enthusiastic and eager to learn while contributing your creative ideas, this is a great opportunity to kick-start your career in product management.
What you’ll do
- Learning & Collaboration: Work closely with senior product managers to understand product vision and strategy.
- Data Analysis: Assist in gathering data and analytics to provide insights on user behavior and product performance.
- Feedback Collection: Engage in user research, collecting feedback to inform product improvements.
- Technical Collaboration: Begin to understand and collaborate with the engineering team on simpler product features and fixes.
- Growth Mindset: Display curiosity by asking questions and seeking to understand the "why" behind decisions.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to interpret and analyze basic data to offer insights.
- Communication: Effective verbal and written communication for team collaboration.
- Technical Curiosity: Basic understanding of the software development process and eagerness to learn more.
- User-Centricity: Ability to empathize with users and understand their needs.
- Time Management: Efficiently manage tasks and priorities with guidance.
What we're looking for
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline).
- Experience: Little to no formal product management experience but may have experience in related roles (e.g., analyst, project coordinator).
- Technical Knowledge: Basic understanding of software development processes
- Portfolio: Demonstrated interest in product management through personal projects, internships, or relevant coursework.
What we'd like to see
- Experience working with experience design and UX engineering to deliver value to our customers
- Understanding of platform-based products or services
- Previous application development experience
- Pragmatic Marketing certifications: Foundations, Focus, Build
- AWS/Azure/GCP certifications
- Understanding of user-centric design and how it impacts platform services
- Understanding API design and management
- Experience with B2B products or Fintech
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Product Management
- Job Function Technical Product Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional