Strategic Partnerships Director
Director of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for leading competitive efforts and strategies to help AvidXchange obtain new and high value partnerships with accounting and ERP systems. This individual will lead all efforts from prospecting to building and cultivating mutually beneficial partner relationships with responsibilities including assessing market-based opportunities, creating term sheets, developing legal contracts, leading sales and negotiation efforts with prospects, as well as influencing the Organization to make important investment decisions on strategic partnerships helping to expand revenue and exceed growth goals through new verticals and other partner related growth opportunities.
This role requires extensive cross-functional internal partnership and will work closely with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Legal, On-boarding, and Product & Engineering to build new GTM playbooks specifically for strategic accounting and ERP systems and propel short and long-term growth.
What you'll do:
- Build, implement, and own the strategic plans addressing 300+ potential ERP partnerships as well as identify new prospects in the market
- Conduct new business development outreach to prospective Partners and create new opportunities, effectively tracking and prioritizing based on size and impact
- Own and manage large, complex negotiations over extended periods of time (12+ months) for multifaceted ERP partnerships, encompassing both financial term sheets and legal agreements, negotiating all items and leading through the signature and closing process
- Engage with senior C-level executives routinely, internally and externally, and understand key business drivers for growth, aligning the customer and the company towards a mutual win
- Develop and own high impact accounting and ERP system relationships to the point they can productively align and deeply grow the relationship while maximizing the sales opportunities for AvidXchange
- Strategically partner with AvidXchange Marketing, Demand Generation and the sales team to help develop growth plans and help guide Alliance & Sales teams’ engagement with partners around these accounting and ERP system opportunities
What we're looking for:
- Strong enterprise sales, alliance management, marketing, business acumen, and analytical skills.
- Highly skilled at building relationships with partners and c-suite level decision makers.
- Strong financial acumen and experience developing complex financial models inclusive of topics such as net interchange share, transaction / software fees, customer acquisition models, etc.
- Able to effectively manage time resulting in maximized productivity.
- Effectively able to lead and coordinate cross functional business reviews to include partners, sales, product, marketing, delivery onboarding, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present to a wide range of audiences, including an ability to communicate business and technical concepts clearly, effectively and convincingly through presentations.
- Expert ability to interpret critical business challenges and translate to optimal business process recommendations – multi-level and organizational opportunities.
- Expert at assessing Partner and Channel market opportunities and building strategies to expand our leadership presence.
- Expert ability to utilize a solution’s selling approach to advance new partners through their decision-making process resulting in the purchase by partner customers of the AvidXchange solutions that match their needs.
- University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 + years prior relevant Sales experience; Master’s degree in business highly preferred
- Technically capable of using and demonstrating AvidXchange solutions.
- 7+ years of partner/business development, enterprise sales, accounting partnerships, and/or program/product management experience
- Highly effective in creating a compelling reason to buy through defined marketing messaging and the presentation of AvidXchange value propositions.
- Strong hunting mindset – sense of urgency, ownership, and biase for action.
- Ability to understand strategic priorities, business needs, pain points, and opportunities to leverage AvidXchange solutions to potential partners.
- Must be able to travel domestically between 25% to 50% as needed
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Sales and Marketing
- Job Function Sales & Account Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional