Senior Technology Audit Specialist
- Support & oversight of ICFR (SOX compliance) and execution of annual test plan.
- Assist in the execution of annual SOC 1 and SOC 2 assessments and reporting process.
- Support the Manager of Internal Audit in execution of a full scope audit function.
- Manage the relationship of external resources used in a cosourcing internal audit capacity.
- Prepare written reports and provide regular updates to Management and the Audit Committee.
- Perform assessments of the internal control environment, identify gaps and support remediation efforts.
- Assist in the continued development of a SOX 404 program to enforce effective and efficient internal controls over Financial Reporting, primarily focused on ITGCs and IT Dependencies.
- Participation in cross-functional controls-focused concurrent projects, including reviews of cybersecurity, existing production applications, system implementations, technology infrastructure, and emerging technologies
- Ensure compliance with various regulations impacting our core business.
- Test and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s system of internal control and the quality of performance to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Contribute to the implementation and execution of the annual internal audit plan by performing complex risk assessments (both business and technological), developing audit activities to address identified risks, and executing the plan. Identify opportunities to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness for areas under audit.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the IT business leaders and partners. Educate clients on risk and control topics, appropriate mitigation plans, timelines, and evidence to facilitate risk reduction.
- 5+ years of experience in an audit or risk related function, with a focus on IT.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in an internal controls or public accounting function.
- History of executing and delivering on audit plans.
- Track record of developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Experience managing staff and reviewing audit documentation.
- Exposure with various industry related frameworks including COSO, COBIT, NIST.
- CPA, CISA or CIA strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate, partner, and influence across a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Legal, Compliance & Audit
- Job Function Internal Audit
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional