Senior Test Automation Engineer
About FastPay, An AvidXchange Company:
FastPay is finance reimagined to meet the needs of the media industry. Leveraging proprietary technology and analytics, we offer solutions that address inefficient payment processes and long payment terms. Having spent years analyzing invoices and executing electronic payments, we have industry-expertise that allows us to meet the needs of our long-standing clients.
We are a collection of finance, entertainment, legal, media, technology, and design professionals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we have offices in New York, and Boston. With over $6B in payments and loans transacted to date, we continue to see exciting growth
FastPay is expanding its development team. We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic candidates looking for the challenges and rewards of working in a small startup environment. You will be part of a collaborative development team that develops, tests, deploys and supports FastPay's suite of media finance products.As a Test Automation Engineer II you will be an integral member of the software development team, testing best-in-class advancements to our products. This position is expected to analyze, requirements for AvidXchange’s suite of products to design and develop automation scripts and to validate functionality.
- Collaborate with the development team including but not limited to Product Owners, Test Automation Engineers, Software Engineers, Database Engineers and Scrum Masters to analyze the given business requirements, identify all possible scenarios, and develop a test plan and test cases to ensure quality.
- Create test data, conduct manual test execution, and prepare test automation scripts.
- Add new and update existing regression tests using a test framework.
- Responsible for identifying defects, logging them in a Defect Management system, and tracking until resolution.
- Actively participate in all Agile Ceremonies that contribute to the overall quality of the product, this includes conducting demos and presentations.
- Review the deploy requests and facilitate the deployment of Application / Database changes in the testing environments.
- Perform peer-to-peer Code Reviews on the test automation check-ins by their team.
- Develop common test classes and methods for reusability, and update regression test suites to reduce execution time.
- Provide technical support by troubleshooting production issues and identifying solutions or escalating to engineering support.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience automating tests
- Experience Automating Web Applications using Selenium WebDriver, testing including REST API
- Experience in Linux and cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Defect Management tools like Azure DevOps, Jira, qTest, Xray, etc.
- Experience using SQL for test setup and validation
- Understanding of Testing lifecycle, Test Design methodologies, Test Execution, and Defect Tracking
- Excellent communication, problem solving aptitude and demonstrates group presentation skills
- Strategic, analytical, and innovative thinking to address all aspects of custom software testing
- Adaptable to competing demands and be accountable and detail-oriented
- Ability to define a feature based targeted regression
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Familiarity and Experience with Behavior Driven Development Concepts
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban), API Testing, unit testing, Financial Industry experience
- Java/Cucumber (Knowledge / Experience)
- Experience with using a CI/CD pipeline
- Risk Management for sprint commitments and delivery
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Teammates Enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange*
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250**
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Must be full-time for at least 3 months
**Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Software Engineering
- Job Function Software Release Testing & Configuration
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional
Something looks off?