Senior Manager of Teammate Technology, Solution Delivery
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will provide leadership and guidance to software development teams to help a fast-growing SaaS company to rapidly deliver quality products to market. The Job requires experience in running enterprise agile teams, have deep knowledge in scaled agile practices, SaaS deployment and agile leadership principles.
- Create an environment that promotes learning; enabling resources to resolve and remove their own obstacles, while supporting individuals and teams to learn from failing fast.
- Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals to build high-performant teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams. Perform career coaching and personal development; evaluate performance, including team input; provide
- guidance and corrective actions.
- Create an environment of transparency where facts are always friendly, so that individuals and teams feel free to innovate, experiment, and communicate openly and honestly with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders in Software Architecture, Product and Process Management to define and provide a cohesive leadership message and operational strategy leaders to eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development
- Responsible for building a high-performance team to meet or exceed goals and to provide mission and purpose to individual contributors.
- Manage personnel actions, which includes but is not limited to, approving vacation, training, and making promotional salary or merit increase recommendations.
- Collaborate with leadership to update monthly financial forecasts in areas of headcount, non-billable consulting, and capitalization.
- Provide additional mentoring and coaching to direct reports. Employ a lean leadership style, one that focuses on developing skills and career path for team members.
- Contribute to policy level discussions regarding standards, processes, metrics, long range plans and budgeting, and other policy items as required and participate in building a high-performance team to meet or exceed goals.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on being a best in class product delivery organization.
- Maintain a culture of delivering on-time, on-scope, on-budget, and on-quality and fully accountable for software quality and on-time delivery.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Experience supervising professional level Engineering staff including managers through large complex projects
- Significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the software engineering and architecture field
- Experience and understanding of enterprise level agile processes
- Broad exposure to variety of industry frameworks (.net preferred), tools, and technologies utilized in implementing modern enterprise software solutions
- Experience building cloud solutions is must.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and 10+ years of enterprise software development experience with 8+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in the FinTech space desirable
- Experience with engineering software using the Microsoft stack of technologies desirable
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function IT Business Systems Analysis
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Management
Something looks off?