AvidXchange is seeking a Solution Architect to drive technical transformation in product and engineering teams by being technical leaders. Each architect owns a focus area around some part of Avid’s business or internal operations, and their technical input is essential for ensuring we empower engineering teams. They serve as both the technical champions for our transformation work and the representatives for how to build great software.
What you'll do:
- Craft technical designs and architectural solutions to meet business and product needs. Be a role model for the architectural ideas of other technical staff.
- Provide architectural assessments of existing technologies, team deliverables, and industry developments and trends.
- Build software proof-of-concepts to determine the feasibility and technical risks of a proposed design, or to evaluate new technologies.
- Understand, define, and communicate critical quality attributes or non-functional requirements. Simplify ideas for different audiences.
- Provide key technical inputs to product, technology, and platform roadmaps.
- Collaborate and lead with other architects in the creation, adoption, and spread of company technology standards and principles for engineering teams.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of full-time engineering or architectural experience, with at least half of that having solutions architecture responsibilities.
- Prior experience in an architecture role explicitly responsible for architecting solutions OR or were in a technical leadership role where architecture was a core function.
- Demonstrated ability to write software. While the production of software is not your primary role, technical credibility is vital for communicating effectively with engineers and demonstrating technical excellence.
- Familiarity with modern, domain-driven modeling approaches and tools, so that you can communicate your ideas consistently. Good technical modeling doesn’t mean opening PowerPoint; it means thinking carefully about how the systems you’ll be helping teams build together will work with each other and representing that in ways that everyone can understand.
- Facilitation and communication skills. You will lead internal and external stakeholders to shared understandings of complex domains and propose technical solutions. You will need to be able to communicate the merits and tradeoffs of your ideas both to technical and nontechnical executives, as well as engineers and product owners.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking beyond the scope of your technical solution. Your work and designs are always part of a greater whole. Understanding how you impact other systems and people and articulating how it aligns with broader goals are important.
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Software Engineering
- Job Function Software Architecture Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional
Something looks off?