Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Array is a financial innovation platform that helps digital brands, financial institutions, and fintechs get compelling consumer products to market faster. We deliver a suite of credit and identity monitoring tools, privacy protection, and a financial ads marketplace via embeddable widgets or a clean, modern API. Our private label offerings help drive revenue and increase engagement for our customers while empowering millions of consumers to achieve their financial goals.
As a remote-first company, we’re focused on providing opportunities for high performing individuals to have deep impact in the fast growing fintech space. A clear mission, a commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to experiment empower us individually and together deliver the best products for our clients and users.
As a Staff Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Array, you will enhance the reliability of our products and operational capabilities. Your role involves creating tools, working closely with various teams, promoting best practices, and fostering a culture of continuous learning. You will ensure that our systems are robust and that our peer teams are equipped to maintain operations for their services. This role reports to the manager of SRE.
- Use automation to make our growing systems more cost-effective, dependable and faster.
- Design, code, and operate GCP, AWS and Azure cloud resources and on-prem tools and systems to reduce the amount of time and effort needed by our engineers.
- Assist peers in adopting and improving their use of our reliability tools and practices such as SLOs, alerting, runbooks and general observability.
- Monitor user-facing systems using best practices with customer experience, reliability and scalability in mind.
- Engage with other teams at Array to improve tooling, iterate on our incident response process, and hold effective and blameless postmortems.
- Work with engineers to debug and fix issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our products.
- 5+ years working in Site Reliability Engineering and know how to write IaC via a combination of Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Pulumi or equivalent tools.
- Expertise in one or more system administration domains - Linux, Windows, network, storage.
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between running a data center vs. using cloud providers.
- Appreciation for teaching and mentoring others, leveling up the skills of those around you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and use them to document your work.
- Ability to work well with multi-functional, agile software development teams.
- Passion about reliability practices and excited to help teams improve how they maintain their own reliability.
- Familiarity with the principles of site reliability engineering, such as eliminating toil, embracing risk, simplicity, and release management.
- Knowledge of software engineering standard methodologies such as testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with cloud migration initiatives.
- Experience with VMware products.
$200,000 - $226,000 Base
The pay range above represents the current low and high end of the compensation band for this position and may change in the future. Actual compensation may vary depending on factors such as candidate skills, qualifications and experience. Other compensation may include equity options and incentives.
Array Offers All Full Time Employees the following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees and 70% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave + 14 company holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- 100% 401k match up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- $1,000 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique remote office
- $100/month to subsidize wifi/cell phone expenses
- Summer Fridays (half-day Fridays) from May to September
- Arrayaversary Kits for work anniversaries
Not sure if you meet the Qualifications? We know that folks tend to only apply if they check every box. If you think you have the appropriate qualifications, but don’t meet every single one, we encourage you to still apply. We’d love to hear from you.
One of our core values at Array is to care and support one another, and that’s why we strive to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best selves to work. Diversity, equity, and inclusion foster collaboration, comfort, and confidence. We’re at our collective best when we each feel our best.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.