Web Developer/Designer (Contract)
As an freelance Web Developer/Designer - Contractor at Array, you will play a crucial role in enhancing our online presence. You will collaborate with account managers on various client needs. Clients range from public companies and high-growth startups to entrepreneurs and c-suite executives. You will support the HelloPrivacy and Brand Yourself product line which helps millions of people clean up, protect and improve their online privacy & reputation. This role is responsible for designing and developing responsive websites, solving UX and QA issues, and designing brand assets to fit the needs of each client and/or task. You’ll thrive in this role if you are highly organized, take ownership, can solve problems with little direction, and pay close attention to detail. This is a remote contract position.
- Manage a weekly list of web development and design tasks for multiple clients with varying levels of priority and complexity.
- Direct, design, and develop responsive websites.
- Solve UX and QA issues.
- Manage third-party API and payment processing integrations.
- Develop dynamic and responsive emails/newsletters.
- Design brand assets (logos, business cards, signs, social media banners, and more).
- Participate in strategy sessions, helping account managers develop the most sensible solutions given client feedback.
- Speak with clients to understand their business and design requirements before developing and designing.
- Collaborate with account managers to accommodate client feedback, sometimes on short notice.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience as a design architect, thinker, researcher, tester, and tinkerer.
- Development experience with CMS platforms, particularly WordPress.
- Experience working with Git/BitBucket.
- Familiarity with responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Design experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Ability to keep track of different tasks for different clients and meet deadlines reliably.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and strong communication skills.