Senior Product Designer
About The Role
Salary: $130,000 - $150,000
Looking for a higher salary? Apply anyway! This band is a reflection of the job description as written. We are more than happy to speak to more experienced candidates who may require a higher salary and discuss that experience in our first phone screen.
We are seeking a motivated Product Designer to join our Build team. This role is for an individual who takes pride in their work and is excited by the idea of continuous learning. You will own decisions, and ship flawless end-to-end flows and experiences for our core consumer-facing mobile product. Our team’s focus is to create a best-in-class, human-centric tax experience for our customers. We pride ourselves in reimagining established paradigms and design innovative solutions to make taxes work for the people.
- Lead the entire design thinking process for significant parts of our consumer-facing product
- Contribute to the growth of the product design function while building and communicating best practices across the organization
- Work directly with our Head of Product Design and Product, Engineering, and Tax Analyst leads to prioritize initiatives to ensure we are solving the right problems
- Ensure flawless, pixel perfect execution across all areas of the design process while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- Regularly conduct research to ensure we are continuously improving the product experience by gathering qualitative and quantitative insights via user research
- Measure and contribute to business level objectives and key results by ensuring every piece of work you touch is adding value for both the user and the business
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure our solutions align with our users’ voice and the april brand
- 6+ years of experience designing and building digital products
- Knowledge and passion for interaction and visual design
- Must have a high bar for design quality and be an advocate for clean, elegant, and usable design – you are constantly looking to raise our bar of quality
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Ability to inspire and drive end-to-end product and feature improvements
- Ability to think at a high level about business objectives
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to maintain flexibility in an evolving work environment
- Self-learning individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, conceptual thinking, creativity and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills and the ability to confidently communicate design thinking methodologies and design direction with senior stakeholders, including founders
- Must be proficient in Figma
April believes that every taxpayer should have a best-in-class tax experience, regardless of their background, income bracket, or what they can afford to pay. We build products to improve their financial wellbeing, reduce anxiety around taxes, and provide tools that put their taxes to work for them.
For financial institutions, April is a first-of-its-kind tax experience that is completely frictionless and integrated with the financial services ecosystem. Unlike other DIY tax solutions, we leverage and reinforce their relationship with their members, driving mutual value, savings and new offerings.
For developers, April provides simple and robust APIs for them to leverage every aspect of the US tax code, and perform calculations and AI-based simulations for creating new experiences within their application or platform.