Federal Tax Analyst
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000
Looking for a higher salary? Apply anyway! This band is a reflection of the job description as written. We are more than happy to speak to more experienced candidates who may require a higher salary and discuss that experience in our first phone screen.
About The Role
Are you tired of preparing tax returns? Do you love technology? As a Federal Tax Software Analyst, you will leverage your knowledge of tax law and tax filing processes to analyze, review, design, edit, test and support our proprietary federal tax form product development. We will train you on the technical aspects of the position.
Do you want to join a dynamic and supportive team in a collaborative work environment that will enhance professional skill development? This is your opportunity to join a highly productive team at a fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company doing what you are passionate about.
We’re looking for a brilliant, curious, creative, and fun-loving tax analyst with a passion for tax, public accounting and technology. Help us pioneer the creation of a 21st century tax engine.
- Research and analyze federal tax code, master tax guide, tax regulations, rules and workflows to design and develop assigned tax forms
- Design the complete user experience for all assigned forms including layouts, input, calculations, help screens, e-Filing and print functionality
- Design and edit the input content and government tax form output
- Code assigned tax forms using our proprietary development software. All necessary training is provided by April
- Conduct product testing and debugging of tax programs to ensure accuracy and complete functionality. Test assigned products and cross-test products designed by other analysts
- Review and resolve escalated customer issues for assigned products
- Research and initiate compliance & enhancement projects
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our products, customers and the industry as a whole by attending regularly scheduled internal training sessions
- Participate in organizational activities and special projects
- Independently pursue professional development activities (attending training, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks)
- Proactively gather project & enhancement requirements from various sources (customer requests, tax law changes & amendments, QA recommendations, support)
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field
Two or more years of income tax preparation experience within a public accounting firm or corporate tax department using commercial tax software
Imagine having a tiny tax expert in your pocket who’s keeping tabs on your finances throughout the year; you get real-time insights into your tax bill and can take action before filing, and when filing time comes around, there are no surprises and you can speed through the process in minutes, not hours.
We work with fintechs and financial institutions to build tax estimation, optimization and filing right into the apps we all use to make a trade, get paid, or manage finances. With april in their pockets, all Americans will be able to seamlessly figure out the best ways to maximize a return or minimize a tax bill in every moment. And with access to april’s intelligent embedded tax experiences, we believe we can help close the financial equity gap - we’re unlocking the power of tax planning for the people.